Database administrator / DBA
Database administrator / DBA
Spordle is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to join the Boisbriand team, located on the north shore of Montreal. In this role, the successful candidate will have to work closely with Developers and Analysts to bring forth an in-depth knowledge of various database technologies to ensure they are properly deployed, stable, sized and monitored with minimal manual operations.
The DBA ensures compliance with the various policies, procedures, documentation standards relating to data of Spordle Inc.
The DBA will evolve under the responsibility of the Director of Business Analyst / QA.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Document / Optimize all Spordle production databases (MySQL workbench) using Business Analysts;
- Design and implement the database change request process with managers via the task manager (JIRA);
- Document and monitor the database controls that power Spordle's software such as monitoring, availability, security, configuration, access, logging, backups and recovery procedures, performance and optimization Databases;
- Periodically test the critical data recovery procedure;
- Participate in the documentation of analyzes and support developers;
- Schedule migration / conversion / correction scripts according to analyst requests;
- Inventory / review / document / optimize SQL APIs of Spordle Inc. via the task manager (JIRA);
- Execute deployments of software updates affecting databases (Bitbucket) and database “versions”;
- Design and implementation of scripts to ensure the synchronization of data from different environments (development, internship, production) including the protection of private / confidential data depending on the environment;
- Set up and document ETL strategies for data migration of new customers;
- Offer training sessions on database structure to new developers.
- Experience working with 2 or more database systems among MySQL, MS SQL Server, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Knowledge of MySQL Workbench;
- Knowledge of one of the cloud technologies - AWS RDS / Aurora;
- Open-mindedness to learn new technologies.
- Asset: Knowledge of versioning and automatic deployment tools (BitBucket, Jenkins, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, etc.)
- Asset: Knowledge of ETL tools (Talend, Glue)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years and more of experience in a position of Database Administrator - Intermediate;
- Be a team player;
- Possess technical and functional skills;
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Very good knowledge of French and English, both spoken and written.
Salary: To be discussed during the interview
Vacation: To be discussed during the interview
Group insurance: Spordle offers its employees group insurance with the Federation of Chambers of Commerce of Quebec. Spordle offers 25% of the cost while employees pay 75%. It is only possible to opt out if the employee is covered by their spouse's plan. Proof of coverage must be sent to the Chamber of Commerce.
Languages spoken, written: French and English
Office / teleworking: To be discussed with the immediate supervisor
Annual training: To be discussed with the immediate supervisor
Contribution / Professional association: To be discussed with the immediate superior
Job type: Permanent, full time (40 hours per week)
Planned start date: As soon as possible (or depending on the time frame for appropriate verifications)
We invite you to share with your friends or to submit your application immediately by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spordle is recruiting for three full-time positions
- Spordle is hiring - Level 1 and 2 Programmer
- We're hiring - Accounting clerk
- We're hiring a Junior Web Designer/Integrator
- New career opportunity with Spordle - Level 1 Technical Support Agent
Soccer Québec / PTS-Clinics / PTS-REG - Q&A SQ4
September 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM
Hockey Quebec / UNI-Clinic / UNI-Associations HQ1
September 28, 2021 at 7:30 PM
Spordle / Webiniaire Soccer Québec / 2021 Season modification PTS #2
September 29, 2021 at 7:00 PM
Hockey Quebec / UNI-Clinic / UNI-Tournament HQ3
September 30, 2021 at 7:30 PM